Since I added the updates feature a few weeks ago, I’ve been trying to keep an eye on it so I don’t forget to email folks when I post new blogs. Granted, there haven’t been a whole lot of new posts, but I wouldn’t want to forget about anyone who actually signed up. Plus I think Notify List is a pretty cool tool that removes the need for me to spam my family.
However, looking at the members of my Notify List today, I see that there are only two. Myself, and…myself. Using a backup email address, I had signed up a few days ago to test the tool and find out whether I royally messed up the HTML.
It appears the HTML works just fine. But I’m also sure that the few people who’ve told me they read this blog and signed up for updates are not lying to me. So I get the feeling something wonky is going on here.
If anyone has tried to join my Notify List but hasn’t ever received an update, please leave a comment. Take a sec to read through the pointers below and let me know whether you did or did NOT get a confirmation email from Notify List, or if you had any other problems trying to sign up.
To Sign Up For Updates:
1. Go to the left hand column
2. Under “UPDATES”, click the “join” button. (Enter your email address too and save a step)
3. This will take you to the Notify List for sileah-mpublication
4. Read & follow registration details on this screen
5. A confirmation email should be sent to the email address you provided
6. Go to your email address and open the confirmation email
7. Click the link to finish your registration
Thanks for signing up! I’d LOVE to have more of y’all, so I promise to sort this out shortly!