The Windmills of My Mind

jules.maas

Jules is a mom of triplets. A sometime blogger who once worked for internet giants (eBay, Microsoft) and runs a small business from home (Maas Publications). It's a lot. And it's pretty great.

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Lisa Marshall says:

“My world has shrunk 3000% and I’m using a compass that only points to criticism.” I wish I had written those words. Beautifully put. :):)

2. Valerie says:

Hello from a fellow UBC participant! I enjoyed your share from the heart. (I miss those little record players!) I can relate to your feeling of overwhelm. I have twin three-year-old grandchildren who are bundles of energy. The thought of triplets is mind-boggling. Hang in there.

• jules.maas says:

Thank you so much, Valerie!! It really helps to know I’m not the only one. I mean, I *know* I’m not the only one, but you know – the mind gets all bendy and obsessive left on it’s own too long. 😉

3. Rose says:

I had one of these record players for years! They were so much fun! I totally can relate to the wondering about the world changing – and is it really for the better or not.

Re getting everything done – I can understand that too. While I don’t have three charming munchkins, I have about a million projects that I have started making, want to make, have stuff to make them, and so on. I just keep finding that there is not enough time to do it all. I can’t imagine how it feels with 3 under 2 year olds to keep up with as well.

On the bright side, they’re growing beautifully and are becoming their own people. You are a great mom, you love them, and soon enough, they’ll be able to share in all the joys of everything you want to teach them including how to do chores. 😛 Ha ha.

XOXO from Ireland

• jules.maas says:

Rose, thank you! Your wonderful, heartfelt comments mean the world to me as a friend who’s never left my ‘side’ – even though we’re continents & years apart!

4. Dana says:

No matter what, nothing is a waste of time. They’re gems in everything. Right before I read the last few lines, you took the words right out of my mouth:-) Breathe deeply and touch your heart. I love this picture:-)

• jules.maas says:

Thanks, Dana. I just needed a reminder like yours. Sometimes it just *feels* like a waste. Apparently, that’s my signal to step WAY BACK to clear my head and heart.

*DEEP BREATH*

😉

5. Cariann says:

While I only have 2 and they aren’t twins, I can only offer advice based on experience. Whatever you do, do it with intention. Don’t worry about what everyone thinks, you do what you can for your kids and love them. Some days I feel like I don’t do enough and what I do get done is meaningless, but this I know, I show my boys I love them and tell them I love them, that is the best thing I can do for them.

• jules.maas says:

Cariann, twins or not, having kids is having kids! Experiential advice is worth it’s weight in GOLD. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. Your comment is guaranteed to help pull me back to reality the next time I’m beating my head against the wall. I should stick this on my fridge.